Spring House

Spring House

Monday, May 14, 2012

Memory Box Tilth Die

Hi Everyone,
Dynamic Duos Challenge
This flower is made with the Memory Box Tilth die. When I first started to work with this die, I was ready to defenestrate it. But I persevered, and below I have some simple instructions that could make your life a little easier if you buy this die.
So what I discovered was to use a cardstock that has a slight coating on it for the base and outline of the flower. That will be your first cut, and as soon as it comes out of the Big Shot, you need to glue a circle to the back of it:
The reason you need to use a heavier cardstock with a finish on it is so that the glue doesn't tear the cardstock. The next step is to cut another of the bottom/border color and place on top of the original flower and glue it down. I used a liquid glue:
With the extra layer on the border, you can now cut the petals to the flower. This can be cheaper, lighter paper or cardstock:
That extra border on top will produce a space that the petals fit into. Afer you have glued all the petals in place, you can then shape your flower.

5 comments:

  1. I love using Memory Box dies. Thanks for the little tip when using this flower die. What a pretty card. So glad you could join us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look up "defenestrate" and now that I know what it means I have felt the same way! Thanks for the advice! I love the ribbon behind the pretty flower. So glad you could join us for our Dynamic Duo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe...I had to go look up that intriguing word too! :) Thanks for the vocab. lesson...I need that now and then!

    Your card is gorgeous and I love the textured BG and the way you arranged the ribbon!

    I recently purchased some of the intricate Memory Box dies too and they are a bit tricky to work with! Thanks for the tips on this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, now you have made me want to buy this fun die with your cute card and the awesome tips you added. I really like your layered bow and the textured background, too. So glad you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete